They are many different types of careers for an arborist. Each area means you have different skills and qualifications for your chosen area of arboristry. The main ingredients for arborists include someone who will care for the trees plants by monitoring for diseases and pruning them. They will also occasionally be required to consult on tree related issues as well as the remove and transplant trees. Here, you will be shown the main different types of area to become an arborist, and which one you should need, if you ever need an arborist in tree lopping Sydney.
- Commercial Arboriculture. Arborists in this area have a wide variety of care to do. They can prune, tie back, plant, protect, inspect and remove trees. The types of employers in this area include tree service companies that are commercial.
- Municipal Arboriculture. Arborists in this area of arboriculture are allowed to manage the green spaces and trees owned by the cities. This means that they usual deal with trees along the street, around buildings or in city parks. They provide similar services like the commercial arborist does; these are also allowed to enforce tree ordinances. Municipal arborists are also required to have good public relations and communication skills. You can expect to be employed by many government agencies.
- Utility Arboriculture. In this area you are expected to be able to clear electrical lines to prevent power cuts, whilst being able to plan tree maintenance and inspecting the work that has been done as well. In this area you work with homeowners to teach about tree care near utility lines. They will also have good electrical and public relations knowledge. Utility arborists also recommend tree species that are safe to plant near utility lines. Employers in this area include utility companies.
- Private Consulting. In this area of an arborist you are required to have many years’ experience in the field. You should be able to provide potential clients information on the health of a plant as well as the value of a plant. As a consulting arborist, you may be contacted by many different people such as, developers, lawyers, insurance companies and homeowners. You would have also gained many certificates in this area.
- Research Arborist. In this are you would be research and gaining better knowledge on the care and maintenance of trees. There are many areas of employment such as, government agencies, universities and private estates.